Activities1) Coordinate training for RCC Users in interpretation and use of mandatory RCC products
- Products: survey and analysis of regional training needs, and proposals for training activities.
- ICPAC conducts training workshops for both the producers and users of climate information on regular basis.
- Products: Manuals, guidance documents and information notes.
- Update frequency: when methods/products are revised or introduced or discontinued.
- Manuals are available at ICPAC on methodologies and product specifications on gridded data, climate monitoring and seasonal forecasting.
ICPAC REGIONAL DATA MANAGERS Training Manual on data management and rescue
The purpose of data management and DARE Training Course is to provide direction that a meteorological service could follow to recognize, rescue, preserve and digitize climate data that is at risk of loss. This training manual will be used to train the data management staff on the practices... Download manualICPAC Operational Climate Assessment Manual
This manual defines how station data are processed to produce climate indices for the dekadal and monthly time scales. The indices are computed by executing FORTRAN PROGRAMS namely:
(i) dekadal.exe computes the 10 day indices;
(ii) monthly.exe computes the monthly indices;
(iii) month3.exe computes the 3 monthly indices... Download the manual
Report of the third training workshop on dynamical climate modeling for the Greater Horn of Africa
This report presents a summary of the proceedings of the 3rd training workshop on dynamical climate modeling for the Greater Horn of Africa (GHA) that was held between 6th February – 4th March 2005 at the IGAD Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC), formerly the Drought Monitoring Centre – Nairobi (DMCN) ... Download manual
Report of the second training workshop on dynamical climate modeling for the Greater Horn of Africa
This report is a summary of the proceedings of the 2nd training workshop on dynamical climate modeling for the Greater Horn of Africa (GHA) that was held between 1st – 28th February 2004 at the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC), formerly the Drought Monitoring Centre – Nairobi ... Download manual
Training manual on running and using ICPAC RCC climate models the GSM and the RSM